Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you already know that mobile marketing for SMBs (small and medium sized businesses) is taking off at lightning speed. A newly released infographic by digital marketing solutions company Hibu shows just HOW high the demand for mobile-ready websites and apps really are. The stats are staggering!
Some of the surprising statistics include:
1. The majority of SMB websites in the United States are NOT mobile friendly. To elaborate: 80% of builders websites; 75% of electricians’ websites; 63% of hairdressers’ websites; and 59% of beauty salons are NOT mobile-friendly. These are among the lowest ranking industries in the study.
2. More than half of the adults in the United States own or use a smart phone daily, however, a shocking 91% of SMBs DO NOT have a mobile-optimized website or app available.
3. SMBs are expected to get on board, however, with a predicted 630% increase in SMB mobile-marketing by the end of 2014.
4. 32% of small and medium sized businesses feel that they will be left behind and face losses if they do not implement a mobile-optimized website.
5. However, only 15% of SMBs with a website plan to create a mobile-friendly version within the next year and a half.
6. These businesses could face losses of up to $1 trillion in ONE YEAR.
One example is the restaurant industry. According to statistics, in 2009, a dismal 3% of restaurant traffic in the U.S. Came from mobile-generated sources. That has jumped in just five years to 43% of restaurant website traffic (and up to 50% on weekend days).
These numbers are expected to grow exponentially in coming years, as more and more restaurants, fast food joints and food service businesses jump on the mobile bandwagon. Businesses like Taco Bell, Dominoes and even upscale restaurants are creating apps to pull in customers, make ordering more convenient, and offer loyalty rewards, promotions and incentives to retain customers.
The time to get on board with mobile-marketing is now. It is a rapidly growing industry, and small businesses are jumping on board, for good reason. With the majority of Americans spending so much time on their smart phones, they are looking for apps and sites that can be used with ease, where a simple touch of the screen can achieve fast and easy results.
Don’t watch your business get left behind with outdated marketing – check out Catholic Mobile Apps today.